Compact wind resistant burner with extending burner head.
- Size: 3.5 x 1,8 x 11 to 18.5 cm (1.38 x 0.71 x 4.33 to 7.28 inch)
- Weight: 50g (1.8 oz.)
- Burner Diameter: OD 14 mm (0.55 inch) ID 12 mm (0.47 inch)
- Flame temperature: 1300°C (Approx. 2,300 °F)
- Flame size: Diameter 3 x 12 mm (0.1 x 0.47 inch)
- Flame shape: Superfine centralised flame
- Fuel type: The following fuels are compatible with the Pocket Torch XT: 1) normal butane; 2) outdoor canisters sold commercially that contain a combination of butane, isobutane and propane (commonly known as 110g, 250g, and 500g). Any other fuel is strictly prohibited and could be harmful and dangerous.
Very useful tool. The flame is very powerful, concentrated and hot. The extending rod makes it much easier and safer to get between stove burners and pans. It made short work of igniting my fire pit. You could even crisp the top of your crème brûlée if you run out of uses!
Great little gadget to get a cold fuel stove or for going
A compact, wind-resistant, refillable lighter with a telescopic burner head.
Great for lighting backpacking/camping stoves in windy conditions.
I found that I didn’t need the filling adapter as I filled from a lighter gas aerosol.
..... little piece of kit this. I use a mixture of cooking systems, gas, ethanol, wood, and this let you light anything keeping your hand at a safe distance thanks to the extendable neck. Having the additional adaptor that lets you refill the lighter from your gas canister is a must when you are on multi-day hikes, otherwise it is easy to fill with a normal lighter fluid can. It also incorporates a see-through window that lets you know when it is full of gas.
A really well thought-out and executed design from Soto.
Tried to fill the lighter and the gas came out. As I was overseas and the return cost was high, I took it apart and found the metal valve insert had cracked the plastic gas container, as if it had been over tightened. I ordered a second lighter from a local supplier who previously had been unable to supply the refill adaptor, hence my order from Base Camp. The second lighter also leaked when filled with gas, this time the gas tank was leaking where the base joined the body of the tank. So I am extremely disappointed with this product considering the price I paid, and my experience confirmed that it wasn't a case of a bad one, I have two from different suppliers with similar faults.