Apple pie without pie!
Crunchy crumble with sweet tasty apples, a real treat when out in the wild. We recommend using less water to get a perfectly crispy consistency.
APPLE CRUMBLE AKA APPLE PIE WITHOUT A PIE IS THE SECOND PRODUCT FROM THE SERIES CREATED WITH THE LEGENDARY SLOVENIAN ALPINE CLIMBER - MARKO PREZELJ.
- 100% natural ingredients
- No preservatives or artificial additives
- Easy to prepare
Ingredients: wheat flour 38%, butter, sugar, apple 16%
Nutrition Per 100g
Energy 532 kcal, Protein 5.5g, Carbohydrates 63g, Sugar 30g, Fat 28g, Saturated Fat 19g, Fibre 2.8g, Salt 0g
Nutrition Per 65g serving (130g rehydrated)
Energy 346 kcal, Protein 3.6g, Carbohydrates 41g, Sugar 20g, Fat 18g, Saturated Fat 12g, Fibre 1.8g, Salt 0g
First time I’ve had these meals and I’m very happy. Tasty and quick to hydrate. Only complaint, could be a slightly bigger portion size.
The good and the great:
1) Taste - really tasty. Actually tastes like apple!
2) Texture - the small chunks of apple do give it a good texture
3) Ease - lightweight to carry, easy to slip in the pack. Instructions OK with the diagrams provided on the packet
The could be improved:
1) Instructions - would be helpful if the right amount of water required is printed on the inside of the pack as a fill line. Who carries a measuring device? Over filling even slightly results in no crumble crunch; in fact it ended up like baby food. But, it still tastes good.
Design - once the top is ripped off, instructions are to put your water in and then seal the bag for a few minutes. And then once ready, rip the bag again below the seal to access the food. This second instruction is soooo not needed and creates just an extra separate piece of litter which can easily blow away in a stiff breeze. Better to keep the seal on the pouch, eat your food, and reseal so no remaining contents come out as you take the litter away. Just a thought.
3) Portion - could be a bit larger but perhaps I'm just greedy.
Great pudding after a long day trekking in the rain.
Tiny portion if you compare it to something like the bewell rice pudding.
fantastic dessert , very tasty and appreciated on a wet cold night whilst bike packing