A classic, much-loved dish, Chilli con Carne - also known as "Chilli with Meat" - is a spicy stew prepared with rice, chilli peppers, ground beef, tomatoes and red kidney beans. Thought to have originated in Mexico or Southern Texas, this dish has been enjoyed by many around the world.
- 25-year shelf life
- 13 servings per tin
- 291 calories per serving
- Fully cooked, nutritious meals
- Fully recyclable packaging
To prepare a single serving:
1. Mix can contents.
2. Put 60g / 2.11 oz of food from the can into a solid container.
3. Boil 85ml / 2.9 fl oz of water.
4. Stir in the water to the food until mixed thoroughly.
5. Cover and let the food stand for 5-8 minutes.
6. Stir, season to taste and serve.
To prepare entire tin:
1. Remove the 3 oxygen absorbers from the tin.
2. Cover the contents of the tin with boiling water.
3. Stir in the water to the food until mixed thoroughly.
4. Replace the lid and let the food stand for 5-8 minutes.
5. Stir, season to taste and serve.
Ingredients: Parboiled Long Grain Rice (22%), Chopped Tomatoes (14.6%), Diced Onions, Red Kidney Beans (15.4%), Tomato Puree (10%), Cooked Minced Beef (Beef, Rosemary Extract) (11.5%), Rapeseed Oil, Garlic Puree, Granulated Sugar, Chilli Powder, Salt.
Allergy Information: N/A
Nutrition Per 100g Dry:
Energy 485Kcal, Protein 20.5g, Carbohydrates 47.0g, Sugar 9.3g, Fat 26.6g, Saturated Fat 6.7g, Fibre 12.0g, Salt 1.5g
REMARK: Requires a tin / can opener