Therm-a-Rest engineered the Polar Ranger -20F/-30C Sleeping Bag to be their lightest, most feature-rich down sleeping bag, designed for high-performance in the extreme cold.
The Therm-a-Rest Polar Ranger down sleeping bags have been designed in conjunction with renowned polar explorer Eric Larsen. The Polar Ranger -20F/-30C is built for the coldest places on earth and has received plenty of accolades from the industry including the Backpacker Magazine’s Editor’s Choice Award.
Now, the lightest and most feature-rich bag in its class just got better. It utilizes cutting edge box-baffled construction and is filled with highly compressible, PFC-free 800-fill Nikwax Hydrophobic Down™. This advanced down maintains its loft and warmth longer, even in the challenging conditions of extended expedition use in the arctic cold. It absorbs 90% less water and dries 3x faster than untreated down—a big plus on long trips where periodic drying is required.
The sleeping bag also features an ultralight shell and soft liner, which is made from planet-friendly GRS-certified 100% recycled nylon and a unique snorkel hood with a magnetic closure helps seal in warmth while routing exhaled moisture away from the bag to preserve loft.
Extensive and overstuffed draft tubes ensure drafts are kept at bay and a pair of side vents allow for custom ventilation while freeing your arms while still in the bag.
Other features include an insulated Toe-asis™ foot-warming pocket, SynergyLink™ Connectors to link bag and sleeping pad, an interior stash pocket, external loops for attaching a quilt or blanket for more warmth, and an anti-snag YKK® zipper.
- Recycled Shell & Liner: GRS-certified 100% recycled fabrics are eco-friendly while being lightweight, soft and durable; anti-snag YKK zipper ensures easy entries and exits and prevents tears.
- 800-Fill Nikwax Hydrophobic Down™: PFC-free and absorbs 90% less water and dries 3x faster than untreated down.
- Responsible Down Standard Certified: Certification that ensures the waterfowl in the down supply chain are treated humanely.
- Snorkel Hood: Designed to allow for easy breathing and to ventilate exhaled moisture to preserve loft; magnetic closure keeps cross-drafts at bay and eases entry/exit.
- Side Vents: Allow for external arm use and customizable temperature control; overlapping draft tubes prevent cold spots when closed.
- SynergyLink™ Connectors: Ultralight straps create a secure bag-to-sleeping pad connection that optimizes the comfort and thermal efficiency of your entire sleep system.
- Additional Features: Toe-asis™ Foot Warmer Pocket, cinchable draft collar, YKK® anti-snag zipper, interior stash pocket, overstuffed draft tubes, external quilt loops, draft collar.
- Also Included: Compression sack and storage sack.
- Size: Regular
- Colour: Flame
- Comfort Range: -20 C / -4 F
- Limit Range: -30 C / -20 F
- Weight: 3 lbs 4 oz / 1.48 kg
- Dimensions: 32 x 81 x 6.5 in
- Height: 72 in (6 ft) / 183 cm
- Girth, Shoulder: 64 in / 163 cm
- Girth, Hip: 59 in / 150 cm
Girth, Foot box: 46 in / 117 cm
- Packed Dimensions: 8.5 x 10 in / 22 x 25 cm
- Fill Material: 800 Fill Goose Nikwax Hydrophobic Down RDS
- Fill Weight: 2 lbs 2 oz / 0.97 kg
- Shell Fabric: 100% Recycled Nylon RipStop w/ DWR
- Lining Fabric: 100% Recycled Nylon RipStop
Base Camp Food are proud to be an official Therm-A-Rest UK retailer. To view the full range of Therm-A-Rest products, click here.
Nalgene water bottle (seen in 6th photo) not included, but available separately.