The OPTIMUS clip-on windshield is Lightweight, made from hard anodized aluminium. It clips onto canister mounted stoves, increasing stove efficiency and substantially reduces gas consumption. It fits round every gas canister according to EN417 and pots with maximum diameter of 13 cm.
Compatible with standard pots and high profile heat exchange pots.
- Lightweight clip-on windshield
- Increases stove efficiency and substantially reduces gas consumption
- Fits every gas canister according to EN417
- Compatible with standard pots and high profile heat exchange pots with a maximum diameter of 13 cm
- Dimensions 10.3 x 11.5 x 9 cm
- Weight 87 g
The Windshield is simple, clipping around the neck of the gas canister and conforms to the shape of the Optimus pans. For lightweight camping/multiday trips makes the stove-pan-unit more efficient saving gas and i suspect is worth the little extra weight. V good. For mountain marathons however when using a foil tray for water heating, I would recommend a using a foil sheet behind the stove to reflect heat into the tent sleeping area and as a windshield, when ventilation is not an issue.
For recreational camping, I would take the windshield every time.