MSR Tindheim 2-Person Backpacking Tunnel Tent is a strong, spacious and stable three-season tunnel tent for backpacking duos.
Recommended for campers, weekend warriors and backpackers or anyone who likewise wants to make the most of their three-season adventures, benefitting from a shelter that is highly liveable, durable and ready for the weather.
Inside the Tent: The interior and vestibule are spacious to provide plenty of room to rest and wait for the rain to pass. A footprint, that is included, extends into the vestibule to protect your gear from the wet ground. Featuring an interior laundry line, you will be able to hang wet gear to dry. The Tindheim 2-Person tent has vents in the rainfly that are accessible from the inside, so you can easily adjust to the conditions without leaving the tent. A double-layer zip door has both a mesh window panel for ventilation and a solid panel for weather protection and privacy.
Outside the Tent: The rainfly’s storm-pitch construction ensures that the inner tent body stays dry during setup, even in wet conditions. Carefully chosen features amp up the Tindheim’s reliable stability in windy weather, like the strong two-hoop design and heavy-duty cord adjusters. A securable zipper holds the vestibule door securely closed against sudden wind gusts.
Verdict: If you and your camping companion want comfort and trustworthy protection no matter the forecast, the three-season Tindheim provides the space and stability you need backed by MSR quality.
- Super Liveable: True rectangular floorplan and 1.01 m (40 in.) of headroom; large vestibule with extended footprint to store gear; interior pockets and overhead laundry line
- Storm-pitch Design: Attached rainfly keeps tent body dry even when set up in foul weather
- Stable and Strong: Durable two-hoop design is reinforced with heavy-duty cord adjusters and 3mm reflective guy lines, along with grommets for pole adjustments that stand up to stormy weather
- Adjustable Airflow: Easy-to-reach rainfly vents and a double-layer zip door let you customize the airflow
- Lightweight: Minimum weight is 2.48 kg (5 lbs. 7 oz)
- Includes: Tent body, rainfly, footprint, laundry line, poles, stakes, guy lines, stuff sack, setup instructions
- Size / Capacity: 2
- Minimum Weight: 5 lbs 7 oz / 2.48 kg
- Packaged Weight: 7 lbs 1 oz / 3.20 kg
Floor Area: 33.5 sq. ft / 3.11 sq. m
- Vestibule Area: 16 sq. ft / 1.49 sq. m
- Number of Poles: 2 (7000 series aluminium)
- Interior Peak Height: 40 in / 101 cm
- Packed Size: 22 x 8 in / 56 x 20 cm
- Number of Doors: 1
- Freestanding: No
Rainfly Fabric: 68D polyester 1500mm polyurethane & DWR
- Canopy Fabric: 68D taffeta polyester & DWR
Mesh Type: 40D Nylon Micromesh
Floor Fabric: 68D taffeta polyester 3000mm polyurethane & DWR
Base Camp Food are an official UK retailer of MSR tents, which are all in stock in our UK warehouse for fast delivery.
I will be using this tent as a basecamp tent. It’s very big inside giving plenty room for sleep system and gear. Ventilation is good and the vestibule is quite big also.