The Platypus QuickDraw Microfilter System benefits from decades of research and development in filtration and hydration to provide explorers, adventurers and outdoor enthusiasts with the best user experience of any fill-and-squeeze water filter on the market.
This system is as easy-to-use as it gets and comes in two parts: the durable and taste-free 1L QuickDraw reservoir and the hollow fibre filter cartridge. The Platypus QuickDraw system, with a weight of just 3.3 oz (95 g) and filtering up to 3L per minute, ensures quick and easy access to clean water on any adventure.
Keeping with the easy-to-use design, the cleaning process is equally straight forward and requires no additional equipment by simply using the shake-to-clean or tool-free backflush techniques to ensure the fast flow rates will stick around for the duration of your expedition. With its inside/outside (I/O) dual-thread design, the Platy QuickDraw filter cartridge securely adapts to other Platy bottles, smartwater® bottles and most single use plastic water/soda bottles. This allows you, should you only have your filter with you, to be able to turn a single use water or soda bottle into a "(re-)fill & use personal hydration reservoir" to keep you going without needing to turn back.
Getting a Platypus QuickDraw Microfilter System gives you a new, lighter way to explore the wilderness and go further.
- Ultralight & Compact: Entire system (empty) weighs just 3.3 oz / 95 g and compacts up smaller than a rolled-up t-shirt.
- Premium Reservoir: Made of Platypus' proprietary tri-layer film, the 1L QuickDraw reservoir is taste-free, durable and features a wide mouth and handle for easy filling at any water source.
- Build Your Own System: The Platy QuickDraw filter's I/O dual-thread design works with: Platy QuickDraw Reservoir, smartwater® bottles, the Platy Hoser™ Reservoir, Platy 2.0L Bottle, Platy SoftBottle™, Platy Water Tank and certain common 28mm PET soda/water bottles.
- Ultrafast Flow Rates: The hollow fibre cartridge filters of the Platypus QuickDraw Filter are able to flow water at a rate of 1L every 20 seconds or 3L every minute.
- Easy, Effective Cleaning: You can use the shake-to-clean or tool-free backflush methods for a quick and easy way to clean the filter, enabling you to have fast and efficient filtration for your whole expedition.
- Thoughtfully Rugged Design: Attached clean side cap flips open and creates a secure seal when closed, while the soft-touch filter housing is grippy even when wet and won’t pick up dirt from the ground.
- Hollow Fibre Advantage: Hundreds of tiny hollow fibres enable the microfilter to filter water faster than traditional filter media.
- Effective: Each microfilter is individually tested to ensure it meets all EPA & NSF guidelines for the removal of 99.9999% of bacteria and 99.9% of protozoa (This includes Giardia, Cryptosporidium, E. coli, Salmonella and Cholera).
- Capacity: 1.0L
- Dimensions (W x L x H): 3.0 x 5.0 x 2.0 in / 7.6 x 12.7 x 5 cm
- Effective against: Bacteria, Particulate, Protozoa
Not for filtering against Chemicals/toxins or viruses.
- Filter type: Hollow Fibre
- Filter pore size: 0.2 microns
- Flow: 3L per minute
- Filter life: 1,000L
- Replacement indicator: Yes
- Materials: Hollow Fibre, ABS
- What's included: Filter, Clean-side cap, Dirty-side Cap, Reservoir with Closure Cap
All I can say is: a Christmas present, therefore, not tested; it was requested from a very particular walker/camper with regards to equipment!