LifeStraw Universal is an adapter kit to allow you to achieve the same great water filtration results of their LifeStraw Go Water Bottles, using your existing compatible bottle, therefore helping to reduce the waste of replacing your existing bottle.
The LifeStraw Universal adapter kit is compatible with many existing bottles on the market with a minimum bottle height of 7.3". These include bottles from another one of our brands here at Base Camp Food, Camelbak. Also compatible with bottles from Hydroflask, Klean Kanteen, Nalgene, Contigo, Hydrocell, Hydrology, Takeya, Simple Modern.
Lasting the equivalent of 8,000 single use plastic bottles, we all greatly help the battle against plastic waste, whilst being able to literally refill from the most random of water sources, from rivers, lakes, waterfalls, or even the water fountain in the next town or village you're going through.
LifeStraw isn't just for expeditions and outdoor activities, take your bottle and LifeStraw Universal adapter kit with you to work, college or the gym and know your water is going to be the same refreshing drink no matter where you last filled up.
- Membrane microfilter removes 99.999999% of bacteria, 99.999% of parasites, 99.999% of microplastics, silt, sand and cloudiness
- Activated carbon filter reduces chlorine, organic chemical matter, and removes odours for improved taste Meets NSF 42 standard for chlorine reduction
- Meets US EPA & NSF P231 drinking water standards for the removal of bacteria and parasites
- Membrane microfilter lasts up to 1,000 gal | 4,000 L, pore size: 0.2 micron
- Activated carbon filter lasts up to 26 gal | 100 L
- Weight: 3.60 oz | 102 g (filter, cap and lid for both configurations)
- Wide mouth cap outer diameter: 2.75 in | 7 cm, threading diameter 2.5 in |6.3 cm
- Narrow mouth cap outer diameter: 2.28 in |5.8 cm, threading diameter 1.7 in | 4.3 cm
- Compatible with select models, with a 7.3” minimum bottle height, from Hydroflask, Klean Kanteen, Camelbak, Nalgene, Contigo, Takeya, Simple Modern and other popular brands; visit lifestraw.com/universal-fit for a complete list
- BPA-free and dishwasher safe, once filter is removed
- Replaceable filters & parts
- Includes: water filter, narrow and wide mouth caps, interchangeable standard and sport mouthpieces, leak-proof lid
So far so good, I've put it on a two litre wide mouth bottle and the flow rate is adequate. If you are using safe drinking water then you can also just remove the filter and your left with the handy water spout which is nicer to drink out of than the wide mouth bottle itself.